The below cover letter sample demonstrates how NICU Nurses can sell themselves by discussing their experience and credentials.
As a nurse in the neonatal intensive care unit, it is vital to showcase your passion for taking care of sick babies and highlight your expertise in the field within your cover letter.
Because those within the healthcare industry tend to volunteer more than others, you might want to check out this article on whether you should mention volunteer work in your cover letter.
29113 Monterey Avenue, Beavercreek, OH 45431
(937) 512-1191 | [email protected]
Copyright 2016 Resume to Referral, Professional
Cover Letter & Resume Writing Services for Managers & Executives
City, State Zip
As a passionate and empathetic Neonatal Nurse, I am interested in learning more about your open job in the NICU. With my specialized experience, a Master’s degree in Nursing and over 7 years of hands-on experience working with babies born with various health issues at South Baptist Hospital, I would be an asset to your NICU team.
Throughout my career, I have developed expertise in newborn care, documentation, and family education. Moreover, my intense training has armed me with a unique skill set, perfect for the high-demanding ICU. I excel at:
- Facilitating a speedy recovery for premature infants and babies with birth defects.
- Implementing treatment plans determined by physicians including daily patient care, medication dosages, and unit telemetry monitoring.
- Building a trusting relationship with mothers and patient family members through empathy and compassion.
My resume is attached for your consideration. Please also find a few recommendations from physicians I have worked with in the past. I would love to speak with you in person about the role and I invite you to reach out to schedule a meeting.
Thank you for your time and consideration.
Keywords for NICU / Neonatal Professionals
- Patient Relations
- Preventative Medicine
- Rehabilitation Services
- Wellness Programs
- Emergency Medical Services
- Continuity of Care
- Case Management
- Caregiver Assignments
- Clinical Team Leadership
- Patient Counseling (or Advisement)
- Patient Medical Data Analysis
- High-Risk Patient Assessments