When compiling a list of interview questions for those in management, I stressed that prepping for the best interview questions can make a huge difference in how you perform at your next job interview.
No matter the type of sales job you’re in, whether it be insurance sales, inside or outside sales, management, executive, medical sales, real estate, or wherever, the below list will provide you with some of the best sales interview questions to help you prep for.
Those in sales have been exposed to several stock questions throughout the years as well, but there are many new topics on the blocks for those who sell and market products and services for a living.
For example, the introduction of sales systems have changed the way those within selling roles, well, sell.
What that means is that interviews with sales professionals now include questions that get to the heart of not just whether they can sell, but how they approach and the system they use to make those sales.
Here we go…
List of Best Sales Interview Questions for Inside & Outside Sales Professionals — as Well as Those Within Management & Executive Roles
1. Describe your sales experience. Do you focus on business-to-consumer (B2C) or business-to-business (B2B)?
2. Do you excel at outside or in-house sales? Both?
3. Do you have any supervisory skills?
4. As a sales professional, what are your strengths/ weaknesses when it comes to business development and account management?
5. Throughout the last few years, what have been your most notable sales accomplishments?
7. What do you like best/least about selling?
8. As an account manager, how many active accounts do you currently have? Have you previously handled more?
9. What have you done to increase market share?
10. What has been your success rate with reviving stagnant sales territories?
11. What sales challenges have you experienced recently? How did you overcome it?
12. What major clients have you closed in the past 6 months? Any notable names?
13. How much do you currently have in your sales pipeline with your current employer?
14. Have you trained and coached other sales professionals? What success have you experienced?
15. How much of your current client base consists of repeat and referral business?
16. What networking or business groups are you involved with?
17. With your last 3 employers, how have you transformed your target client base?
18. Have you increased per-account sales volumes?
19. What about the growth of long-term contracts?
20. Over the last 5 years, what have been your most notable successes with client retention?
21. What has been your biggest disappointment with a prospect or client?
22. What are your traveling restrictions? Travel 20%, 50%, 100%? What about relocation?
23. What has been your experience with staff management? Have you had any sizable accomplishments with transforming a team’s performance?
24. Where do you see your sales potential in the next five years, ten years?
25. Under what management conditions have you produced your best sales performance? Work independently? As part of a team? Under consistent, direct supervision?
26. What types of sales systems do you use to strive at becoming a rainmaker?
Are you losing job offers because your interviewing skills need some touch-up? Click Here to Request a 15-Minute Consultation to Discuss Your Interviewing Needs & Our Coaching Options
27. What’s unique about your selling skills?
28. What is your experience with SalesForce, Infusionsoft, or any other business development or CRM software?
30. Can I see your brag book? (To view a preview copy of “How to Design, Write, and Compile a Quality Brag Book – A Leave-Behind Resource For That Next Interview” click here)
31. And lastly, don’t forget to ask the interviewer these interview questions.