Advancements in technology, including marketing automation tools, will continue to be a big trend in the marketing field.
Job candidates should be able to demonstrate that they have kept pace with the technology evolution.
Marketing managers manage an array of offline and search engine marketing (SEM) brand development strategies, including email management, social media, content development, and so on.
A marketing manager may or may not have paid advertising responsibilities – which often depends upon the size of the employer.
Additionally, the ability to do more with less and effectively measure the results of marketing efforts will be highly desired by companies where budgets are shrinking and the need for accountability is increasing.
Do you need help preparing for an upcoming job interview? Get interview coaching/mock interview prep to help you prepare for general, situational, and behavioral interview questions.
CLICK HERE TO LEARN MORE ABOUT INTERVIEW COACHING
Sample Interview Questions for Marketing Managers:
- Discuss what goes into effectively executing and monitoring the success of a campaign.
- Discuss the differences between creating a branding campaign vs. creating a platform.
- What is your experience with using an integrated marketing platform?
- How and what do you measure to illustrate to the client the return on their investment in their marketing efforts?
- How do you effectively measure offline marketing initiatives?
- What do you do to stay up to date with new marketing techniques?
- What factors do you consider the most important when attempting to influence consumer behavior?
- A customer has just posted a negative review to the company’s Facebook page and you’re in charge of responding. How do you handle it?
- Discuss your most successful social media campaign.
- Have you ever handled a social media crisis? What did you do?
- Discuss what is meant by actionable analytics.
- How can Google+ be used effectively in an overall social media marketing strategy?
- How many people are you connected to on social media?
- How do you ensure that the metrics you report to your client add value in terms of making sound business decisions?
- What different types of attribution models have you used to measure conversions?
- How do you track cross-device engagement?
- Give an example of how you have effectively managed a tight budget to accomplish a marketing activity.
- How would you evaluate our website? Would you do anything differently?
- Tell us about a marketing project in which you had to coordinate and manage a diverse team of people.
- What are the biggest challenges a marketing manager faces today?
- How would you explain to a client that the “last-click” method of measuring conversions may not provide a true picture of the buyer’s journey to purchase?